Business Analyst for RMS Recruit CRM Implementation (req4796)
The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Indigenous engagement is a strategic priority.
Department: ICT Enterprise Systems
Status: Term, up to 24 months, with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent
Employment Group: ASPA
Full Time Equivalent (FTE): 1.00
Salary Information: The salary range, based on 1.0 FTE, is $62,850.00 - 98,205.00 per annum (Information Technology/Phase 2). The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Posted Date: 8/1/2019
Closing Date: Until Filled.
Number of Openings: 1
Primary Purpose: The University of Saskatchewan’s RMS Recruit system enhances prospective student communications, student recruitment events and activities, the application process, admission decisions and acceptance of offers, and accepted student pre-arrival communications. The Business Analyst applies their business process design and change management skills to guide university colleges or administrative units in analyzing, evaluating and implementing positive changes to recruiting processes including utilizing RMS Recruit, based on Microsoft Dynamics. Current state processes will be assessed for potential to streamline and to be implemented in a cost-effective way, while maintaining alignment with the University’s enterprise architecture.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Systems, the successful candidate will lead meetings with client departments to gather and validate needs and requirements, document, analyse and report. In support of the requirements, the Business Analyst will make presentations to stakeholders, communicate requirements to functional and technical teams, ensure quality assurance, support training, and participate in RM Recruit implementation and process change work with the project team. The work is fast-paced, highly collaborative and involves working with and across academic and administrative units, as well as with unit leaders, functional and technical staff.
- Participate as an active and collaborative member of the RMS Recruit implementation team, gaining and demonstrating a thorough understanding of how to maximize RMS Recruit functionality across undergraduate, graduate and Language Centre prospective student and applicant processes.
- Leads the implementation of RMS Recruit for Graduate Student recruiting and admissions across the university.
- Build and nurture relationships with key clients, stakeholders and service providers.
- Research, review, model, and analyze the usefulness and effectiveness of existing processes and develop recommendations for improving or further leveraging these processes.
- Review and update current process documentation including business process flow diagrams, quality and procedure documents, and create new process documentation where required.
- Ensure alignment of business requirements with baseline functionality of technology solutions.
- Ensure quality assurance of committed functionality to meet approved and prioritized requirements.
- Identify and document functional gaps, integration and if necessary, customization requirements.
- Undertake configuration of RMS Recruit; and provides configuration support to primary users of the system who are responsible for this in their unit.
- Support development of system documentation, user documentation and user training with trainers and business representatives and provides training to primary users of the system.
- Communicate frequently, clearly, and appropriately for management, sponsors, stakeholders and clients of the product or service.
- Ensure that university policies and departmental standards are upheld during projects and in the resulting services.
- Engage in project meetings and performing tasks including project implementation planning, identifying project risks/issues and provide estimates as required to support the project manager.
- In the longer term, will adopt the role of RMS Recruit Product Specialist, working with primary users of the system to support, streamline, and further improve prospective student and applicant processes, communications and event management through the use of RMS Recruit.
Education: Bachelors or advanced degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Business Analyst in roles including business system implementation and business process change, preferably in an academic setting.
- Proven business analysis and organizational change management experience.
- Significant experience supporting business process change.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle and the concepts and practices required to implement effective information systems.
- Experience in functional configuration in a large ERP environment including assessing the impact of change to systems and integrated partner systems.
- Familiarity and experience with agile development processes considered an asset.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solution implementation or Microsoft CRM Dynamics experience considered an asset.
- Experience in IT project management and Agile SCRUM solution implementation considered an asset.
Skills: Strong communication skills (both written and verbal), negotiation and collaboration skills. Excellent stakeholder engagement skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships across the organization. Good process modelling skills. Strong skills in Office applications including Visio, Excel and Word. Objectivity and evidence-based reasoning. Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment. Ability to acquire new skills quickly and a demonstrated ethic of continuous improvement. Demonstrate a high level of attention to detail with pride in the accuracy and presentation of information. Excellent client service skills, ability to deliver to deadlines and adapt to changing priorities. Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as working as part of a larger project team. Ability to manage sensitive information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality. Highly self-motivated and directed. An enthusiasm for new challenges and an ability to share that enthusiasm. Knowledge of the university’s programs and admission requirements (undergraduate, graduate and language) and the needs of prospective students and their influencers (parents, guidance counsellors) and an understanding of the roles of administrative staff, faculty and students in recording and accessing student information would be a strong asset.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. The University must, however, comply with federal immigration requirements. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.