The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Aboriginal engagement is a strategic priority.
Department: College of Nursing
Open Date: 10/3/2017
Salary Information: The salary range is CAD $61,618.00 - 96,279.00 per annum (Specialist Professional/Phase 2). The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Description: There is 1 opening(s) for this posting. Located in Saskatoon.
Primary Purpose: To provide instruction, coordination, and evaluation to support the delivery of the undergraduate programs. Clinical Associates are responsible for creating a learning environment that accommodates various learning styles and is conducive to inquiry, knowledge, skills, and professional development.
Nature of Work: Clinical Associates report to the Associate Dean or Assistant Dean at the relevant site and work under the direction of the Course lead for each relevant course. Clinical Associates play a vital role in the education of our students and to the reputation of the College of Nursing as leaders in collaborative nursing care. Candidates must interact positively, respectfully, with tact, discretion, and confidentiality and cultural awareness.
- Support students to prepare for the nursing care that they will be providing
- Provide additional supports/counselling for those students who may be experiencing challenges in meeting course intents. In doing so, utilize the supports and consult with College of Nursing staff, faculty, and leadership.
- Promote student learning in the psychomotor, cognitive, and attitudinal domains
- Be accountable for understanding, communicating and implementing the College of Nursing curriculum intents, and the College of Nursing and University of Saskatchewan policies and procedures
- Document and assess student progress and performance, using both formative (ongoing) and summative (final) evaluations, taking into consideration input from agency staff and student where applicable
- Attend the College of Nursing orientation, course orientations and meetings, year meetings as relevant, and annual professional development day
- Evaluate/mark assignments using the University and College literal descriptors
- Maintain communication with other members of the course team
- Other relevant assignments as required
Education: Preference will be given to candidates with Master’s degree in Nursing. However, candidates with a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing and relevant experience may be considered.
Experience: Candidates must have minimum three to five years’ relevant experience and hold a current membership and be in good standing with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association.
Skills: Thorough knowledge and understanding of nursing programs, curriculum, professional competencies, and provincial and national health care milieu, is required. Successful candidates will have demonstrated excellence in nursing practice and education and be able to translate this excellence to students. To be successful the incumbent must have established experience, knowledge, and skills in areas related to the BSN curriculum, have exceptional communication and collaboration skills, a solution orientated approach, the ability to interact positively, respectfully, with tact, discretion, and confidentiality; demonstrate cultural awareness.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Colleen Vassos at 966-6286.
This position is in scope of ASPA.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.