The University of Saskatchewan values diversity, and Aboriginal engagement is a strategic priority.
Department: Edwards School of Business
Status: Term, up to 24 months with the possibility of extension or becoming permanent
Open Date: 8/5/2017
Salary Information: The salary range is CAD $47,386.00 - 74,042.00 per annum (Specialist Professional/Phase 1). The starting salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Description: There is 1 opening for this posting. Located in Saskatoon.
Primary Purpose: To work as part of a team responsible for executive education including leadership development, management-training programs, non-credit certificate programs and special events delivered through Edwards Executive Education, Edwards School of Business.
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Manager, Edwards Executive Education, this position involves working with Edwards’ faculty, external consultants and the business community to promote and coordinate management and executive training and development workshops, non-credit certificate programs and special events. Creativity in developing marketing campaigns and the ability to focus on and manage detailed program specifics are essential requirements. This position is subject to constant internal and external deadlines and shifting priorities. Discretionary decision-making is required. Flexibility in working hours is necessary, as there will be some early mornings, evening and weekend commitments. Occasional travel is required.
- Programs are coordinated effectively, on time, on budget and are aligned with Edwards Executive Education overall objectives.
- Marketing plans and marketing materials for programs are developed and implemented.
- Recruitment strategies are developed, documented and carried out including ensuring individual sales calls are completed to fill program seats and increase participant numbers.
- Customer contact lists and communication media such as e-newsletters, calendars of events, program brochures and course advertisements are developed and updated.
- Workshop and course presentation materials are updated in collaboration with program instructors and facilitators.
- Program logistics including venues and hospitality arrangements are organized to ensure a professional, business-oriented outcome that reflects positively on Edwards School of Business.
- Effective collaborative working relationships are developed and maintained with internal and external stakeholders including client organizations, prospective and current students, instructors and staff.
- Program proposals, program budgets and progress reports are accurately prepared.
- Student registration databases and client information spreadsheets are accurately maintained.
Education: Bachelor degree, preferably Commerce, with a marketing or management major or other equivalent education (degree) and experience.
Experience: Three to five years of progressive, related experience in client account management including program planning and training and development coordination. Prior sales experience and customer relationship management is required. Previous experience coordinating special events or conferences for groups greater than 100 attendees is desirable.
Skills: Ability to handle multiple projects and work assignments; ability to anticipate project needs, discern work priorities, pay keen attention to detail and meet deadlines; demonstrated excellence in all aspects of program planning, coordination and implementation; highly effective interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and tact with enthusiastic professionalism in dealing with people; exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal; proven ability to work independently, collaboratively and as an effective team member and to build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers; demonstrated creativity in problem solving and approach to program planning; superior customer service ethic and expectations for quality; proven ability to maintain confidentiality; superior working proficiency using the latest versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook, as well as accounting software.
Inquiries regarding this position can be directed to Christina Dolan at firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is in scope of ASPA.
The University of Saskatchewan is strongly committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace that empowers all employees to reach their full potential. All members of the university community share a responsibility for developing and maintaining an environment in which differences are valued and inclusiveness is practiced. The university welcomes applications from those who will contribute to the diversity of our community. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given priority.